The Education Endowment Foundation is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement.
They do this by:
- summarising the best available evidence for example the Teaching and Learning Toolkit is now used by 70% of secondary schools.
- generating new evidence of ‘what works’ to improve teaching and learning, through a range of Projects.
- supporting teachers and senior leaders across the country in using this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit, through a network of Research Schools.
Implementing evidence informed practice is the key to creating powerful educational environments.
Blackpool Research School and Lancashire Associate Research School support schools at the forefront of making evidence-based practice the norm, and aim to develop an evidence-based profession, empowering teachers to use accessible tools based on research evidence to improve outcomes for all pupils.
Their core purpose is to:
- Share and disseminate the very best of evidence-based practice to schools and teachers across BBL (Blackpool, Blackburn & Lancashire).
- Provide evidence-based training.
- Host conferences and events
- Support schools and work with Teaching School Hubs in the region
- Develop interventions and practices that help improve the life chances of pupils.